All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
Geordie
Nouveau
Nouveau

Jobs in Yellow not ends

Post by Geordie » 07 Feb 2014 7:00

Hi I'm new on this forum who recommended me

I need your help

had a problem with the database and since the connection is reestablished control m

but now are jobs that do not end in yellow and the sysout indicate that they have already completed

ah agent is lowered, there has been kill -9 and jobs not change their status.

if they respond better in Spanish

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 08 Feb 2014 3:28

Geordie
Firts get your orderid in alphanumeric format (from the “Active” tab of your job properties). Copy the value in the clipboard (e.g.: 05xih).
Then open a terminal (DOS prompt if Windows, native terminal or putty if Unix/Linux). If Linux of Unix, logon with the control-m account.
Convert the orderid into numeric using the p_36 utility:
Example: p_36 05xih
Will return 276713
Then, open the sql prompt by typing “SQL”, which connects you to the control –m database, then enter the sql request as follows:
update CMR_AJF set STATUS=’N’, STATE=’5’ where orderno=<your>
Send the request by either “go” (MS/SQL ) or “;” (Oracle)
Go back to your EM GUI, then hold and free your job. It should turn into a manageable colour (red or gray) then you can hold-delete or rerun it
Cheers
Nicolas Mulot

badenhw1
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by badenhw1 » 12 Feb 2014 7:28

A quick way I've used is to disable and re-enable the agent from the CCM\CTM Server.

lefevrep
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by lefevrep » 12 Feb 2014 11:42

@nicolas_mulot
we received some years ago, a script ForceEndJob.pl.

# perl ForceEndJob.pl <orderid> => this job becomes red !

May-be, should be in control-M server installation...

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 12 Feb 2014 2:41

Hi

Here is an existing post about that subject

annfianil

Post by annfianil » 29 Apr 2014 4:09

I was a percussion major when I was in university, and during a particular rehearsal of the student orchestra, my section kept getting things worse.“When you’re too dumb to play anything,” the professor conducting us sneered, “they give you a couple of sticks, put you in the back and call you a percussionist.”"A friend next to me whispered, “And if you’re too dumb to hang on to both sticks, they put you in front and call you a conductor.”

rafafish
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rafafish » 29 Apr 2014 8:19

Solution Description
--------------------
1) Download the ForceEndJob.pl script from ftp://ftp.bmc.com/pub/control-m/opensys ... eEndJob.pl

2) Determine the order id of the job that needs to be ended, via the Control-M/Enterprise Manager GUI in the Active tab of the Job Editing Form or via the ctmpsm utility on Control-M/Server.
NOTE: If the job is still executing on the Control-M/Agent, then this script will not end that process but only change it's state within Control-M/Server. Once the actual job ends on the Control-M/Agent after running ForceEndJob.pl, this status would NOT be reflected on Control-M/Server.

DO NOT run this script for a job that is still truly executing on the Control-M/Agent.
If the job is still executing on the Control-M/Agent, then use the Kill option in the Control-M/Enterprise Manager GUI or the ctmkilljob command on Control-M/Server.

3) Login as the Control-M/Server user and navigate to the location where ForceEndJob.pl was placed.

4) Use the following syntax to execute the ForceEndJob.pl command:

Unix Usage:
$HOME/bmcperl/perl ForceEndJob.pl <Order> [Y|N (debug)]
For example: $HOME/bmcperl/perl ForceEndJob.pl 0001aw

Windows Usage:
<CONTROL>\bmcperl\bin\perl ForceEndJob.pl <Order> [Y|N (debug)]
For example: "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\CONTROL-M Server\bmcperl\bin\perl" ForceEndJob.pl 0001aw

Where 0001aw is the Order ID of the problematic job.

NOTE: When the debug flag "Y" is included, log information will be written to the following locations:
<Control>/proclog
<Control>/tmp

Information from running the script similar to the following will be written to the Control-M job log.
MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS UT5216 JOB FORCED TO END NOTOK BY USER username
MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS UT5201 SHOUT TO IOALOG PERFORMED