Need Advice, Control-M/Agent 6.3 on Windows cluster

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
Bowwow
Nouveau
Nouveau

Need Advice, Control-M/Agent 6.3 on Windows cluster

Post by Bowwow » 09 Nov 2007 4:33

I'm not sure about installing Control-M/Agent on Windows cluster if we need to do post installation such as config on MS Cluster manager or not. The installation doc wasn't say it very clear about Windows cluster installation --__--"

I've been install Control-M/Agent 6.3 on Windows 2003 server (Cluster env) on active node, but when switch node, the Control-m/Agent services wouldn't appear and start on the active node (after switch). Although, the Control-M/agent service can be start from MS Cluster Mgr, but it's not auto start.

Thank you in advance.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 13 Nov 2007 5:10

Did you check the Windows Cluster Implementation Guide? Did you install it into the resource group which has storage, network name and IP, and set the appropriate dependencies? If service cannot auto start after switching (node1 to node2), can it auto start when switching back again (node2 back to node1)?

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 13 Nov 2007 1:27

In the installation you have choose a resource group on witch install the agent. If this group name is Group0 for example, try to do the command "move group" on cluster management.
If the agent services listner and tracker (the router and file watch are not obligatory) cant start on the fail over node; witch error is reported?

Bowwow
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Bowwow » 18 Nov 2007 4:36

gglau wrote:Did you check the Windows Cluster Implementation Guide? The installation guide (Agent) wasn't say much about post install. I'm pretty sure I do it rightDid you install it into the resource group which has storage, network name and IP, and set the appropriate dependencies?I did installed on the storage group (MSSQL group) with storage + networkname and IP If service cannot auto start after switching (node1 to node2), can it auto start when switching back again (node2 back to node1)?The services only appear on primary node which can do auto restart before/after switch. But on secondary node, there're no services at all

Bowwow
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Bowwow » 18 Nov 2007 4:38

on secondary node, the services doesn't appear at all. but the path environment and registry for CONTROL-M/Agent path (on share resource) was there.

Celestial
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M on clusters

Post by Celestial » 03 Jan 2008 7:52

I don't know alot about Control-M in particular, but I just found out the requirements today. You require a Cluster Group, an IP for that Cluster Group and a PHYSICAL DISK resource (i.e. E:\,F:\ etc.)

You are to run Terminal Services to your "Cluster Group IP" address. This will put you on the node which owns those resources so you can do the install.

What I need help with is a similar issue. I created the Cluster Group and Cluster IP BUT I am using Veritas Storage Foundation 4.x to create my Volumes. This software creates its own cluster resource which Control-M does not seem to be able to see or use. Therefore, it refuses to install because it is looking for a "Physical Disk" resource. Has anyone 6.3.01 FP3 with Veritas Storage Foundation.

Regards,

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 04 Jan 2008 9:56

finally don't you have to install an agent on each host concerned by the cluster ?

regards
philmalmaison

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 24 Apr 2008 9:29

philmalmaison wrote:finally don't you have to install an agent on each host concerned by the cluster ?
Is not necessary, the instalaltion is done once.
I only add in the answers that after the install you can remove two resources added in the cluster resources:
1) controlm/agent router (used only if you want run agent on one port)
2) controlm/agente filewatcher (FW by service that is less used)