ctmextract utility on windows or unix platform

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
hipikll

ctmextract utility on windows or unix platform

Post by hipikll » 27 Sep 2007 3:17

Hi there.
I'm new to Control-M ;-) (just a formal clausule)

Is there anybody, who has some experience with ctmextract utility under Windows or Unix environment?
I implemented it only under AS400.
I saw, that there is ctmextract command under Unix, but there is no mention about it in manual.
Can anyone gimme me an information if it works fine there?

I'm looking for some "ruletables" on which criteria the jobs will be extracted and created.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 27 Sep 2007 3:35

Look at the utility "ctmexdef" of the controlm server, or the utility "exportdeftable" of the Enterprise Manager utility guide.

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 27 Sep 2007 6:05

mauriziog wrote:Look at the utility "ctmexdef" of the controlm server, or the utility "exportdeftable" of the Enterprise Manager utility guide.
0 points.

Ctmextract is totaly different utility then "ctmexdef". I need functionality of ctmextract. (imagine that you can extract all the jobs in OS under specified user and "add" them to EM console and then you can handle them ;). So if user runs any jobs from shell, you can handle them via CM).
That is what i need.

I have found, that this utility can not be used for natural unix/win jobs, just for SAP or Oracle.

thanks for help :(

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 02 Oct 2007 3:27

This functionality to load witch job are running in a certain application and handle in EM there is also for Oracle E-business suite.
But is some different are jobs that run in an Application world, these I can handle. Otherwise is difficult to define a generic process that is running on a certain machine.
For others processes there are other manner to handle like using monitoring software (Patrol) that can comunicate with control-m and viceversa.