Filewatcher Agent Name Mandatory

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
ank_cm_info
Nouveau
Nouveau

Filewatcher Agent Name Mandatory

Post by ank_cm_info » 11 Apr 2013 10:07

Hi

We are having an issue with the filewatcher exe. we only have one control M agent installed on the windows server and if the agent name is not passed as the parameter to the filewatcher it returns with an error saying that the agent name is mandatory...I read if the agent is set as default its not required to pass so....so can someone help me understand if we have only one agent installed would that not be default automatically ?

secondly if not how do i check if my agent is set to default or not....

any help will be greatly appreciated...

CTMUSERIND
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Filewatcher Agent Name Mandatory

Post by CTMUSERIND » 12 Apr 2013 8:52

Hi

Please confirm whether your Control-M server and agent are in one machine or are in different machine.

If you are using one remote Agent then you have to mention the Agent name(If you are saying it was installed as defult then you have to mention the logical agent name in the job)

Thanks.

ank_cm_info
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ank_cm_info » 12 Apr 2013 9:49

The Agent and server on on different machines. I only have agent installed on my windows server.

so does that mean the Agent name has to be passed ? i tried passing the logical agent name and it does not work...so which means it was not installed as default ?

do we have a command to check if my agent is installed as default ?

thanks for the help

CTMUSERIND
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by CTMUSERIND » 12 Apr 2013 9:58

Hi,

Goto the Agent machine and open your command prompt.

Run the ctmagcfg utility it will show the agent name you want to modify.(But just refer the instance name don't modify any properties).

If you find the Agent name as 'Default' then while job configuration in the Node ID field mention the host name where you have installed the Control-M Agent.

This will solve your issue.

Thanks

ank_cm_info
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ank_cm_info » 12 Apr 2013 11:01

Hi

The Agent Name is not DEFAULT , it shows my agent name itself in that place...

thanks

CTMUSERIND
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by CTMUSERIND » 12 Apr 2013 11:10

Hi,

Does this agent comes in CCM ?

Try to ping the agent from Control-M Server, if it success then mention the agent name in the Node Id field, else in the host file do an entry with the agent name and the agent IP and try to ping.

After successful communication with Server and agent your issue will be resolved.

Thanks