Control M agent turns to Remote Host Automatically

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
champchandu
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control M agent turns to Remote Host Automatically

Post by champchandu » 19 Dec 2011 6:59

Hi,

I have few servers (Unix) where my control m agent is installed which are added under the control m server as agents through Control M configuration manager. The problem I am facing right now is that, the added entry stays as an agent just for few hours and then it automatically turns to a remote host and all the jobs running on that agent start failing. I checked for various settings like if by chance ssh is setup from control m server to those agent accounts etc but I could not find any.

Did someone ever faced this issue before? Could someone help me in solving this issue?

FYI I am using control m server with version 6.3.01 and patch 401. I am using control m agent version 6.3.01 with patch 400.

Thanks in advance,

Chandra Sekhar B.

Polis
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Polis » 22 Dec 2011 10:19

Hi,

I've experienced the same problem. That is why I was not using CCM 6.3 for agents manipulations. I suggest you to do the following:
A. Avoid using CCM for agents manipulation

1. Ensure that none of the jobs using that agent are running now.
2. Delete agent using ctm_menu
3. Add the agent using ctm_menu

if that doesn't work. Do the following:
1. Ensure that one of the jobs using that agent are running now.
2. Stop CTM server.
3. Go to the Ctm server component installation folder (in my case ~/ctm_server/data)
4. Delete status files of your problematic agent in AGPRM and in AGSTAT folders
5. Start Ctm server
6. Add agent using ctm_menu and not CCM. But probably agent could be already discovered.

I hope that helps you.

markf
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by markf » 22 Dec 2011 11:31

There is another step that is sometimes necessary - on your Control-M Server go to ctm_server/data. Inside that directory is the AGSTAT directory, where all the Agent info is kept. Alongside the AGSTAT directory is a directory called AGSTAT_RJX and this is where the remote agent definitions are kept. Simply delete the 'rogue' file in AGSTAT_RJX and discover the node again and all traces of it being remote should be gone.