Is possible to install two agents on the same server?

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
eche1984
Nouveau
Nouveau

Is possible to install two agents on the same server?

Post by eche1984 » 13 Dec 2010 4:09

Hi, people.

Does anyone know if two agents can be installed on same server (HP-UX 11.31)?

My idea is to test the agent performance using a virtual name and its migration within a database package.

I already have an agent installed to another database package and they are on the same server. Because that is a production database, it's more difficult to do this test.

I've tried installing it on another route, but I get this message:
*** CONTROL-M/Agent is already installed. ***

Any help I can give is welcome.

Regards,
Ezequiel

LordOfAfford

Post by LordOfAfford » 13 Dec 2010 4:13

Hi,

Did it on windows so it should work, just name the installation something else then it already has installed and use a different communication port and you should be fine.

E.G. :

We installed servername and servername_prod agent on same machine side-by-side

eche1984
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by eche1984 » 13 Dec 2010 4:36

Thanks for your reply, but I think this workaround won't work on HP-UX because as soon as I run the installer I get the message that there is already an agent installed.

rchkevin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rchkevin » 14 Dec 2010 10:06

Hi,

Create a new account for agent to be installed (different from account already used with a different home directory ex ctmagent2 /home/ctmagent2).

Modify
semmni and semmns (UNIX)
Increase the current parameter value by 1 for each Agent to be installed on the computer.

Install the agent and set the port number different from what is used by already existing agent.

eche1984
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by eche1984 » 14 Dec 2010 1:27

Thanks, that's just what I found in another thread (https://www.scheduler-usage.com/viewtopic.php?t=1312). It's very useful.

Is it the only way? Sorry for the insistence, but I want to know if there is another way than creating multiple OS accounts although it's used quite often.

I have another question, will the creation account ctmagent2 allow me to start the agent installer? I already created an account controlm, but when I wanted to install another agent to another account (eg oracle or john23) then appeared the message I mentioned before.

rchkevin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rchkevin » 20 Dec 2010 1:43

Once the SEM* values are modified and second account is created you will be able to install the agent.