Information Agent v6.X

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
hdbkenny

Information Agent v6.X

Post by hdbkenny » 15 May 2007 11:05

Bonjour ? tous,

Je travaille actuellement sur du control M V2.24 avec un bon nombre d'agent de type plateforme windows 2000/2003.
Nous allons prochainement migrer vers une version plus r?cente.

Au niveau des agents nous travaillons sur un mode logon as user avec un enregistrement des comptes utilisteurs via la commande ctmcpt.

Pouvez vous me dire si la nouvelle commande ctmpwd correspond exactement ? ctmpcpt (mis ? part la syntaxe).

Si c'est le cas, le codage des mots de passe se fait-il toujours dans la base de registre windows sous :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\New Dimension Software Ltd.\CONTROL-M/Agent\PassWord
Je pose la question car je developpe un outil de d?codage de ces mots de passe, pratique dans le service vu le nombre de plateformes et comptes concern?s....
A voir si il va falloir redevelopper :)

Merci d'avance pour vos r?ponses

Hello,

I currently work on control M V2.24 with a good number of agent of the type platform Windows 2000/2003.
We soon will migrate towards a more recent version.

On the level of the agents we work using mode logon as user, with a recording of the users account via the utility ctmcpt.

Can you say to me if the new utility ctmpwd corresponds exactly to ctmpcpt (put aside syntax).

If it is the case, the coding of the passwords is always done it in the base of Windows register under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\New Dimension Software Ltd.\CONTROL-M/Agent\PassWord

I put the question because I develop a tool to decode these passwords, usefull in the service considering the number of platforms and accounts concerned?.

To see if we need to develop again

Thank you in advance for your answers

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 15 May 2007 11:56

Hi,

Here is extraction from Control-M Agent 6.2.01 documentation, about ctmpwd :

This utility adds, updates, and deletes CONTROL-M/Agent users and passwords. In
addition, it changes security settings for the agent directories and cmd.exe. It also lists
all users in the CONTROL-M/Agent password file. (This utility replaces the ctmcpt
utility in earlier versions.)