Issues with configuring Agentless nodes

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
tripwire

Issues with configuring Agentless nodes

Post by tripwire » 10 Aug 2009 4:56

I have been trying to configure the agentless nodes and everything seems straight forward but everytime I test or try to discover the host it errors out. The error I get is below

Check Remote Host state Failed.
Failed to test Remote Host
SERVER

The CONTROL-M/Agent services should be run under the 'This Account' Log On option. Currently it is 'Local System Account'.

Error CTM6893 HOSTMAP_PLUGIN

The account that is used for the job is a Domain account that has local admin rights on the remote host. I did change the service account of the agent to a domain admin account, but this did not resolve my issue and according to BMC it does not need to be changed.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 11 Aug 2009 9:15

accessible sysout directorie ?
owner authentification settings ?

regards
philmalmaison

tripwire

Post by tripwire » 11 Aug 2009 1:50

accessible sysout directorie ?
owner authentification settings ?
The sysout folder is shared with full access. I have placed it both on the remote host and the agent server, with the same results.
On the screen where you choose SSH or WMI and the Sysout directory, there is a Test button. When I click Test, it fails with the same error listed in the original post.

Owner authentication settings are configured with the account that has access on the remote host. Even before I get to this point part of the validation fails. I am stump as to what it could be.

I did put a domain admin account as the 'Log on' account for the service it seemed to fix the first error, but aftward it says I have to change the account on the Control-M server service. According to BMC, this should not have to be done.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 12 Aug 2009 2:10

is it a local agent !!!!

please advise

regards
philmalmaison

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 12 Aug 2009 2:14

and can you create the local account on remote host - the same as on your agent host?
Then change the agent service to run under this (your created) account. and then test if it works.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 12 Aug 2009 2:16

what's new ???

regards
philmalmaison

tripwire

Post by tripwire » 12 Aug 2009 3:09

come to find out, the agent has to be running as a domain account. I could not find that anywhere in the configuration to agentless. I thought I had tried that, but apparently even though the agent you are configuring says local it is actually the one on the control-m server server. Let me explain: We have 2 control-m servers, 1 is the EM and configuration Manager, the second is teh Control-M server. I was configuring the remote host on the EM server which has an agent running, and when it said <Local> it was actually referring to the Control-M server agent on the second server. That agent had to have a domain account assigned to it and not the one on the first server.