Logon As User set to "Y" does not work

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
Teeka
Nouveau
Nouveau

Logon As User set to "Y" does not work

Post by Teeka » 23 Jan 2009 2:53

I have Control-M agent 6.3.01 on my workstation.
Use ctmwincfg to set Logon As User to "Y", restart listener service.
I do not register any user using ctmpwd on my agent machine.
I create a dummy job in which the job owner is a dummy user "abc" which does not exist in the control-m security when i do ctmsec on the control-m server.

I thought with Logon As User turned on, when I use ctmorder utility to order the job described above on the agent machine, the job will fail at the server since "abc" is an unknown user. However, it does not. It ran successfully. It looks like "Logon As User" is not working as it is supposed to be. When I ctmlog, the job's owner is not "abc" either. I am wondering whether it is because my network has just migrated to active directory so it does not work as it is supposed to. Can anyone please help or give me pointers on how to troubleshoot?

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 23 Jan 2009 3:48

Do you have agent services running as System account or under specific user account. In second case, the Logon as user is irelevant.

Teeka
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Teeka » 23 Jan 2009 3:55

Agent listener service runs under Local System account. (default)
But I thought that when Logon As User is set to "Y", the owner of the job submitted is the owner specified in the job definition so the service account id is irrelevant.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 27 Jan 2009 8:14

Control-M does not submit dummy job to the specified agent, but just turns it into OK. However the specified agent must be defined in Control-M for the dummy job to be "submitted".