Control-M Self service setup

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
bglr_admin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M Self service setup

Post by bglr_admin » 15 Dec 2011 12:08

We are planning to setup Control-M self service in our environment. Could not find detailed BMC documentation on this topic. Requesting experts to share some more info on this topic....

pht64
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by pht64 » 16 Dec 2011 11:37

You may also check if BMC Self-Service is really the right solution for you.

There are alternatives on the market which are more cost effective from a license and maintenance point of view and provide more functionality:

APS Manager for Control-M:
http://www.apsware.com/control-m-soluti ... control-m/

bglr_admin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by bglr_admin » 19 Dec 2011 8:19

Thanks for that. We are looking into the feasibility of using a third party add-on component now. Meanwhile, We are also considering Control-M/Web Access ,But not sure if it requires IIS or any web server to be started or can manage with existing Control-M/Web server.

markf
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by markf » 22 Dec 2011 11:13

If you check out this page -

http://www.bmc.com/products/product-lis ... rvice.html

then you'll see a 6 minute video about the Self-Service option. At the bottom of that page are links to 2 PDFs with more details.

Self-Service has to be paid for as an add-on (not hugely expensive but still not really cheap) and, in many ways, is just a minimal Enterprise Manager GUI. Combined with BIM in a busy support scenario I would guess that it would be useful - help desk could see the status of a batch very easily and users always prefer using web browsers to view stuff.

fafa1975
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fafa1975 » 04 Jan 2012 12:29

Hi,
I'm using Control/M Web Access with a CTM 6.4 environment. It's a simple php site installed with an apache server. I'm using on a HP-UX os, but I think it can be installed even on Windows.
It is basically a ctmpsm utility online with a spartan interface. I think it's free.
Control/M Self Service is graphically better (ajax or silverlight UI) but need ctm 7.x version and it also need to configure services on CTM EM.

Regards,
Fabrizio