How to retrive the logs for the job which ran last month

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
abishek
Nouveau
Nouveau

How to retrive the logs for the job which ran last month

Post by abishek » 09 Aug 2011 11:52

can any one advice me how to retrieve the LOG for the jobs which ran last month. Is there any Query i could run with?

also is there anyway to retrieve a job log for a Particular job on a specific date?

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 09 Aug 2011 4:46

Hi,
it depend of the controlm server retention parameter for ctmlog, but if you want a so old job log in archive view point, ctmlog retention must be grather than 30 days, if you want sysout to, sysout retention must be set to the same too.
Control-M/EM server, must retain that parameter too, to keep the 30 days archives.

I think it could just be done on small datacenter (about 1000 jobs) if you don't have too much datacenter (less than 5).

Another way is to save the ctmlog, that just allow you to cat the archive file that you daily made, and retrieve the log of the job in it.

hope anderstanding.
Philmalmaison

meshearer
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by meshearer » 15 Aug 2011 9:24

abishek,

I created a job that runs right after newday to save the previous nights ctmlog:

ctmlog list %%$PREV 0600 %%$DATE 0600 /opt/bmc/controlm/backup/ctmlog%%$PREV..txt

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

log archives

Post by brownbag » 27 Mar 2012 12:27

If you keep a saved copy of the log each day (which is a very good idea) make sure you run a job every month or so to delete old logs that are no longer needed (those over 30 days, 60 days old or whatever). They do take up significant disk space.

processing

Post by processing » 28 Mar 2012 5:05

The logs are saved as text files so compressing them works well to save some space. In our case, it reduces the file size by about 90%.

pht64
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by pht64 » 30 Mar 2012 12:14

Archival of log information for a longer period may work with the methods described above. But if you are concerned about the long term availability of Control-M logs and sysouts, you may need to look for a professional (but still affordable) solution like APS Sysview for Control-M. More under http://www.apsware.com/control-m-soluti ... control-m/