Retention of Pre-requisite conditions

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
gratedsandy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Retention of Pre-requisite conditions

Post by gratedsandy » 27 Jul 2011 12:42

What Parameters on the Server determine the number of days PREREQUISITE conditions are retained for?
We are on Server 6.4 and here are the settings I have:

CONTROL-M System Parameters (Page 2/2)
--------------------------------------
6) Maximum Days Retained by CONTROL-M Log :1
7) Maximum Days to Retain Sysout Files :7
8) Ignore New Day Conditions :N

I was checking our jobs and do not see a consistent retention of Prereq conditions. Some jobs that Run Daily have conditions retained for 5 days, some daily jobs have 7 and so on. I am sure no one is deleting any conditions.

cmistry
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by cmistry » 27 Jul 2011 8:32

Hi, there is no setting in sys parameter for deleting prerequisite conditon but you can setup a Job in ctm to delete old condition please see the command below...

ctmcontb -DELETEFROM "*" %%FROMDATE %%TODATE

also on the set tab you have to pass the parameter this is what we use to delete anything older than 5 days:

Var Name: A Value %%CALCDATE %%DATE -10
Var Name: B Value %%CALCDATE %%DATE -5
Var Name: FROMDATE Value %%SUBSTR %%A 3 4
Var Name: TODATE Value %%SUBSTR %%B 3 4

gratedsandy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gratedsandy » 28 Jul 2011 6:57

Thanks for the response.

But, assuming that there is no job setup to do this currently, how does CTM handle retention of Pre=req conditions by default?

GrahamH
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by GrahamH » 28 Jul 2011 9:06

If no housekeeping is performed on conditions, they will remain in the database for one year. This is determined by the ODAT which is DDMM (or MMDD). They will only be removed at the start of newday for the ODAT.

If your conditions file get very large you may suffer performance issues, so it is highly recomended you create a tidy up job as mentioned previously.

Graham

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 29 Jul 2011 4:48

Hy,
Be carefull with the delete from "*" , end of year should be strange as conditions doesn't have year repository.

it's better to do every day the list of the conditions date that you don't want anymore, and delete thoses conditions conditons per conditions.
Regards,
Philmalmaison

gratedsandy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gratedsandy » 02 Aug 2011 2:03

Thank you all for your replies. With all the information above, I have scheduled the ctmcontb in our environment now