DataStage with Control-M

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
moha1984
Nouveau
Nouveau

DataStage with Control-M

Post by moha1984 » 24 Apr 2011 2:43

Hi,

I have a request from our data warehouse people for implementing ETL process in Datastage on Control-M Tools ,

Has anyone done this before and have any ideas that they can share?

Is there a good practice way to do this?

Otherwise anyone have any ideas which classes to model things into?

I think should be integration between Data Stage Tools with Control-M Tools , but I cannot do this!

please advice

sharas
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by sharas » 25 Apr 2011 10:10

Hi,

There should be a command in datastage that triggers a job basing on the parameters we pass to it . basically it requires datastage admin user name, password and datastage job name and project name . datastage admin can develop a custom script to hardcode the constants and just pass the required parameters . Then, run that script from Control-M command line passing the parameters .It was implemented in out previous organization . I do not think there is Control-M module for datastage .

planteam
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by planteam » 07 Jun 2011 3:08

Hi, sharas,

We currently execute several DataStage jobs via Control-M on an ETL platform (AIX 5).

Basicly, we invoke the Datastage job via command line with a "Command"-like job.

The return codes are programmed by whoever is developing the DataStage process and Control-M detects them fine.

Gopikkd
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: DataStage with Control-M

Post by Gopikkd » 15 Apr 2016 4:43

There is a Control Module available for InfoSphere® DataStage®

You can download it from the BMC website and install it on the Agent server where your datastage scripts exist.