Will NEWDAY load?

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
ajomarquez
Nouveau
Nouveau

Will NEWDAY load?

Post by ajomarquez » 17 Oct 2010 8:22

Hello,

We are running Control-M Server v6.1 and our system has been down for just over 24 hours due to a large planned outage. I'm trying to find out if the software is smart enough to realize, after it is powered back on, that a Newday should be loaded. Or...does it need to be ordered in somehow via ctmpsm?

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 17 Oct 2010 11:26

Ajomarquez,

Lets clarify your question :
Newday has run on day n
Your system has been down long enough so newday at day n+1 has not run
Your system is up again and newday is to run or ptrobably has run on n+2

If this is correct, your question is: how can I order my jobs for n+1, which have not been ordered due to system outage?

If I understood well, the reply is: yes, but no. Yes: the system has a smart enough feature to order jobs on day n+1 when running the daily at n+2. This feature is the RETRO parameter which has been inherited from the mainframe, at ages where machines were likely to be down for more than 24 hours. But no: it is too late for you and it is not really recommended to specify RETRO Y on all jobs.

I don’t have a 6.1 doc available, but you could check whether the ODATE option is available on the daily utility. It is definitely available as from version 6.2.
Check your admin guide to see if it is available. If it is, you will have to run, for each of your user dailies, the following:
ctmudly <the> -odate yyyymmdd

Where yyyymmdd is n+1 of our example.

Doing so, and only that, there are good chances that the command fails, for your dailies have run already for n+2 which is greater than n+1. To correct that, you need to update the date record for each of your dailies, using ctmudlst standard utility, and specifying a date equal or lower to n.

If you dont have any user daily, I dont see any reason which could prevent you from running the above sequence for the daily SYSTEM.

You can identify your different dailies by SQL under ctm server account:

select distinct DAILYNAME from CMS_SCHEDT

Hope this will help
Nicolas Mulot