Restarting the LG process without cycling Control-M entirely

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
jdj420
Nouveau
Nouveau

Restarting the LG process without cycling Control-M entirely

Post by jdj420 » 15 Oct 2009 5:21

I was wondering if anyone knew how to restart a Control-M process (in this case LG) without have to recycle Control-M entirely. We are getting the following error: The proc LG did NOT return heartbeat and EXPIRE the timeout of: XXX seconds. I have sent this issue to BMC but the only solution they were able to give me was to extend the time the process runs before timing out. We have figured out that when we get the message if we don't recycle Control-M jobs will not submit. We are only getting the message for the LG instance and would like to be able to create a script so we can schedule the recycle as a job for our operators so they do not have to contact a support member. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 20 Oct 2009 2:26

don't do that, BMC is right to try to extend timeout parameter for your process.
prefer to know why you've got thoses timeout(s)

regards
philmalmaison

jdj420
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by jdj420 » 20 Oct 2009 5:31

i would like to know why as well. they ran diagnostics multiple times and have not been able to come up with anything. the problem we have with extending out the timeout parameter is that we have critical jobs that run on that server and they do not run until we ultimately recycle control-m.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 22 Oct 2009 2:01

controlm server working with process that comunicate together, you can not stop ,only one process as well, you must stop all process, that's why i said trying to extent timeout.
it probably not depending about controlm performance, but network, san or other....that's why BMC Software have difficulties to quiclky resolve that kind of problem.

regards
philmalmaison