Businnes objects With control-M

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
vamsi
Nouveau
Nouveau

Businnes objects With control-M

Post by vamsi » 22 May 2014 7:59

I have control-M Job1 and Job2.Once Job1 is succesful some BO reports will be triggered once
all the reports are succesful i need to trigger JOb2.Any input is really appreciated.Not sure how check whether all the reports are succefull and also how to trigger Job2

Klaus

Post by Klaus » 26 May 2014 10:37

If you trigger your BO reports, you've got no response.
We use CTRL_M-Jobs (plugin "SAP Business Objects") to start and monitor our Reports.
If you do also, there is no problem to run your reports and if all reports succefull, you can start your Job2.

Kindly regards

Klaus

vpaldi

Post by vpaldi » 29 May 2014 5:52

Let me answer this in general. The problem is that you start a process/task flow from Control-M which is driven by a different scheduler (name it as SCH2). Control-M is able to trigger the process flow but not able to recognize the end.

Most likely you have control of the execution sequence of those tasks driven by SCH2. SCH2 can observe the execution, or, you can chain those tasks. Build a new task which writes a file (report, extract, log - whatever you want) and dispatch it as the last task of the SCH2 chain. When everything is finished you will have a file somewhere. Observe that file with Control-M File Watcher and you get feedback for your Control-M job net.