Saint_ago
Nouveau
Nouveau

How to schedule a job for a Workday -1?

Post by Saint_ago » 13 Aug 2012 5:09

Hello folks, how are you doing?

I'll try to explain my problem.

The NDP is 11 am.
I have a cyclic job that must execute from 6am to 11pm, hourly, only on the second and the third workdays.

So i've created 2 jobs. One is scheduled on the workdays, and runs from 11am to 11pm. That's ok.

The other must be scheduled on the previous day from the 2nd and 3rd workdays, to run on the next workdays (i.e. must be scheduled on the day befor 2nd work day, and on the day before the 3rd work day).

But i've bumped into a bad situation with this second job.

For example, on November, the 2nd and 3rd workdays are on days 5 and 6 of the month. And we have a holiday here on day 2.

So this job is scheduled to enter on the first and the fifth days of november, and it's supposed to be scheduled on 4th and 5th.

How can i fix this? Which are the schedulling settings i need to use to schedule the jobs on the day before 2nd and 3rd work days, no matter if it isn't a workday?

Thanks in advance

Danny
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Danny » 14 Aug 2012 11:14

To schedule the job on the 2nd and 3rd workday, you specify D2,D3 and the workdays calendar in the Month Days-section.

To shift it one day, you should have a calendar with all days specified as working days. Now, as Confirmation Calendar, select this ALLDAYS calendar, select Shift: Ignore Job and By: -1

Saint_ago
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Saint_ago » 14 Aug 2012 4:58

Yeah! Worked like a charm!

Thanks a lot, man... ;)