Job Documentation

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
Admin007

Job Documentation

Post by Admin007 » 05 Jun 2012 9:24

Greetings,

Currently we use an in-house application called Runbooks to store and track all of our Control-M job documentation. For example, we can provide information on error codes, job restarts, on-call notification group, etc. We are currently working on utilizing auto paging from Control-M through the use of Runbooks and Hiplink, our paging system.

My question is, what other out of the box applications are available or currently used that could replace our Runbooks but still provide us with the opportunity to send out automatic pages from Control-M in the event of job exceptions?

We were considering using Sharepoint but I am not sure this is a good option. I would also prefer something that can integrate seamlessly with Control-M.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

meshearer
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by meshearer » 08 Jun 2012 5:43

At one point we looked at Alarmpoint (which is now xmatters). They are a BMC partner. Their web site is:

http://www.xmatters.com/products/it-management/

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 09 Jun 2012 9:57

Hi

Other products working with Control-M.
Go to see them on http://www.apsware.com/control-m-solutions/

yllanos
Nouveau
Nouveau

Wiki

Post by yllanos » 30 Jul 2012 5:53

In our organization, we document every job using a Wiki (MediaWiki)

Every job would point to that documentation and users are encouraged to update process documentation.

Allison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Allison » 23 Sep 2012 8:12

The Job Documentation and Evaluation project involves collecting up-to-date and accurate job information regarding all jobs in the Administrative/Technical and Professional/Managerial compensation plans at UOIT. This information will be used as the base to build our compensation program and salary structure....so its necessery

Proofperfect
Nouveau
Nouveau

Design Agency Singapore

Post by Proofperfect » 09 Nov 2013 8:43

I also impressed with Runbook Application.For more implement or copy write work in your site you can contact to Proofperfect.We are offering targeted,quality, integrated marketing communications services in print and on the web to corporate companies.

Design Agencies Singapore