Mirror y Failover en Control-m 6.4.01

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
ovara
Nouveau
Nouveau

Mirror y Failover en Control-m 6.4.01

Post by ovara » 05 Jun 2012 6:03

Dear community, I hope you can help me in this query.

What we need is to install a server contingency, which can make the mirror of the database.
We have additional equipment with different name and we will install the server contingenca Control-M, would appreciate if I could indicate paramatros must have this server that has no primary server or rather it should be differentiated.
I mean wing instances of the database, the tablespace etc. not if you have a manual for that or any information, the outline of the mirror is in Chapter 9 Configuring CONTROL-M for high availability management manual Control-M, but my question is on the installation of the equipment.

Nagarajan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Nagarajan » 15 Jul 2013 4:01

Hi

First of all before you start ensure you have all the prerequisites met with.
Once you have the new server built, you need the DB SysAdmin user and pwd while performing the new installation

Remember the primary and secondary have to be identical wrt all the configuration parameters.

as u already have the primary setup, while creating the adding the secondary ctm server ensure you key in the same datacenter name and code.
And during installation itself you will be prompted for creating new databases where in u ll need to key in the mirror db name and dbo for which you ll required the DB SA credentials.
Hope this helps..
Nagarajan M S