Trigger a job on CA 7 from Control-m

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
karan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Trigger a job on CA 7 from Control-m

Post by karan » 20 Dec 2011 12:31

Hi

Can anybody help me with the steps for triggering a Control M job from a CA 7 Job and vice versa.

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 21 Dec 2011 9:10

Karan,

It is ages since I haven’t worked on CTM z/OS nor converted CA/7 to CTM, but I still have some remembering, and I kept some docs as well

From CA/7 to CTM , you can define a job triggered or demanded by a standard CA/7 job step, which executes CTMJOB utility to order a job or a set of jobs onto the AJF
You can define a job triggered or demanded by a standard CA/7 flow, which executes IOACND utility to trigger a control—m job already placed on the AJF.

You can also define a CMEM rule - which is a smarter way -, which reacts on the end of a CA/7 job, using ON JOBEND, or on the successful end of a CA/7 jobstep, using ON STEP.
Upon detection of the CA/7 event, you can order a job or a set of jobs, using DO FORCEJOB, or trigger a job already placed on the AJF using DO COND.

From CTM to CA/7, you may define any job that suits your needs, which executes SSASTRLR utility to DEMAND additional CA/7 jobs or POST CA/7 jobs waiting for scheduling criteria to be satisfied.

Cheers
Nicolas Mulot

karan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by karan » 21 Dec 2011 12:42

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply but I am actually looking for a trigger onto CA 7 from a Unix based Control-m and vice versa i.e. to a trigger a job in Unix based Control-m from CA-7.
It would be great if you could help.

Thanks in Advance

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 21 Dec 2011 1:42

Oups !

If I understand well your CA/7 runs on z/os where you have no control-m component installed and control-m is installed on distributed where you have no CA component (CA/7 nor TNG nor Autosys) installed.

If that’s the case, there is virtually no possibility to interconnect.
The only way to interact would be based on witness files transfers. This is quite archaic but effective.
I don’t know about the file detect facilities of CA. On control-m side, you may use ctmfw.

Cheers

karan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by karan » 21 Dec 2011 2:17

Hi Nic

Yes we do not have any of those in either of the systems.
ctmfw is something I am aware of.

Anyways thanks for the info.

mike_aps
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mike_aps » 22 Dec 2011 11:46

Hi Karan,

As far as I know it from the past when I implement something like this, FTP has the possibility to send a 'JOB' directly to zOS JES spool and the collect sysout back.
So you should able to issue the CA7 BTI/SVC or any other utility to run a CA7 job from CTM/DS by using FTP. And I guess, you will able to do the same for CTM/DS, too.

regards,
Mike
reagrds, Michael