Control-M AFT and Filewatch

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
sukie
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M AFT and Filewatch

Post by sukie » 15 Nov 2011 12:34

I need to send a data file and a trigger file using AFT from host1 to host2 but the FTP cannot start until the trigger file has been created in the source directory on host1, and when the transfer is initiated the data file has to be sent to host2 first, followed by the trigger file.

I know there is a built in Filewatcher with AFT but I cannot get it working correctly. In my AFT tab in the job properties I have the ftp of the data file defined first and then the ftp of the trigger file last. If I set up the Filewatcher to look out for the trigger file, it will send the data file anyway, presumably because it is defined first on the AFT tab, and then wait until the trigger file exists in the source directory on host1.

How can I get this working correctly?

markf
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by markf » 15 Nov 2011 12:51

Sounds like this is a case for 2 separate jobs: FW on the trigger file and then another job does the actual transfer. You probably have to do housekeeping on the trigger anyway (i.e. delete it) so it makes sense to have the trigger file perform a 'do force' on the actual FTP.

sukie
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by sukie » 15 Nov 2011 1:06

Thanks Markf, that's what I have done as a work-around anyway, just thought there might be another way, a better way :?