How to check Calender after job gets ordered

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
Shashwat
Nouveau
Nouveau

How to check Calender after job gets ordered

Post by Shashwat » 17 Sep 2010 8:46

I have one cyclic job. I order it on every Sunday and it runs for the whole week. Now the requirement has come like this job should not run on 1st and last day of month.
How can I do this? As per my understanding all the calendar check can be done before the table is getting ordered to E/M. After it gets ordered, is there anyway I can check the calendar to stop running on last day or 1st day of month?

Please suggest any solution.

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 17 Sep 2010 9:49

Shashwat,

Obviously, you order your cyclic job once a week. Is it correct? If so, how do you manage to get rid of it ? Do you run a ctmkilljob every Sunday before ordering the occurrence of the week?

Why don’t you order your job every day? If you want to get rid of the previous occurrence everyday, then use the CYCLIC_MAXWAIT parameter. If you want the previous day and the current day occurrences not to run parallel, use a control resource.

If you can implement your job that way, then you fix your ordering problem quite naturally, specifying standard scheduling parameter as follows:

MonthDays -1,-L1
MonthDays Calendar ALLDAYS

ALLDAYS is a calendar containing all days in the year.

You can of course check the ordering days using ctmrpln (which requires an upload of both job and calendar), or ctmForecast if you have it

Cheers