Transfer jobs from a job group to a new scheduling group

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
jennah_rekka
Nouveau
Nouveau

Transfer jobs from a job group to a new scheduling group

Post by jennah_rekka » 25 Nov 2009 5:26

Hello there,

We have this problem in transferring jobs currentky in a job group and we want to moved them to a new scheduling group so that we can put some conditions in the group that allthe jobs in it will depend. When doing some revision in each job so it points to the new scheduling group, we cannot see the jobs moving there but then another job group is created but not a scheduling group. NOw when we write the jobs, all the transferred jobs have been lost. =(

Can you help me in this?

Thanks!
Jennah

jennah_rekka
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by jennah_rekka » 25 Nov 2009 6:12

Hello,

I think the other term for scheduling group is schedulimg table or group scheduling table. It is more convenient to use this than the usual job group so that there is a group processing of jobs. Yet we cannot move the jobs from a job group to this scheduling group or table.

Regards,
Jennah

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 25 Nov 2009 6:43

I am not an expert on scheduling groups. Our company only uses a couple of them. Most jobs of our jobs are not in scheduling tables. However, I attended a scheduling class at BMC a couple of years ago and were told that jobs can not be moved into a scheduling group. The jobs have to be recreated as new within the scheduling table. This is what I had to do when setting up some awhile back. It was a bit of a pain.

Maybe there is an easy way to do it using exportdefjob and importdefjob.

Mike_27_27
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Mike_27_27 » 26 Nov 2009 12:30

Have you 1. Created a new scheduled table. 2. Export exsisting table in question (via the exportdeftable cmd). 3. Do mass update to the exported defined table. 4. Define the table back to the newly created table. Cheers

Mike_27_27
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Mike_27_27 » 26 Nov 2009 12:36

If you were not sure of command ... exportdeftable –u UserID –p Password –s EMGUI_P1 –arg C:\MIKE\TERMS\terms_sample_DDE_INT.txt –out C:\MIKE\XMLS\DDE_INT_20071220.xml