Order Job without Force not accepting new jobs.

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
JimboAus
Nouveau
Nouveau

Order Job without Force not accepting new jobs.

Post by JimboAus » 23 Feb 2009 1:40

Hi All,

I am new to Control-M and have been having problems with attempting to submit a job via the tool (windows job) running on Windows 2003 Server with SQL Database. (Test environment in office to get familiar with product first).

When I order a job (without force), it fails to add the job to the Order queue (simple job with just command line to run "date command"). The attended training course submitted the job without problems, but now am back in the office can't get it to work without FORCING the job.

NB- Ordering job as an online not workspace job.

When I order the job with Force, it seems to be accepted by the Control-M Server without issues.

If anyone has run Control-M with a Windows Client, Windows Server and SQL Server Back end DB running a "command" type job, I would like some tips. I Thought a basic command job should run without problems.

ranger67
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ranger67 » 23 Feb 2009 6:05

Check your scheduling. Ordering a job means that the job's scheduling criteria would indicate that the order date is a positively scheduled day. Forcing a job means ignore the scheduling criteria.

kumarraj

Post by kumarraj » 01 Mar 2009 4:34

yes that correct...

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 10 Mar 2009 11:10

so look to your calendar if you use it (uploaded?)
look at your scheduling crireria (ALL days ?)
modify the em version upload and order it ...

regards
Philmalmaison