Command line parameters

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
peterrowan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Command line parameters

Post by peterrowan » 17 Feb 2010 2:59

We have a table that now runs just after New day procedure at midday. using ODATE as a common command line parameter for Linux command lines for each job . %%$ODATE is the cmd_line parameter (btw I have nowhere found anything that documents it should be %%$ODATE rather than %%ODATE!).

I want to move it efectively to run 2 hours earlier to run at 10am which is before new day procedure. I presume this means that in fact for a given ODATE it will run 22hrs later and therfore be processing the next days data and I would need to change ODATE to ODATE+1. Can I put %%$NEXT as the command line parameter or do I have to create a set variable that is %%$CALCDATE %%$ODATE+1 or can I set a global variable that is the same rather than having to put a set in each of the job definitions etc

rahulsehgal
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahulsehgal » 17 Feb 2010 3:52

Hi,

Difference between %%$ODATE and %%ODATE is:-

%%$ODATE gives value in yyyymmdd format and %%ODATE in yymmdd format. you can check information on this in "Job Parameter and Reference Variable" Chapter 15.

You can use %%$NEXT in command line of your job as it will give next scheduling date for the job in yyyymmdd format. But this Autoedit varianble work only for job which runs daily as it is calculating the day value using Scheduling dates of the jobs.

Adding a value 1 to Odate is good, as it will work for both the jobs, daily, weekly or monthly.

Regards,
Rahul Sehgal

peterrowan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by peterrowan » 17 Feb 2010 5:27

Thanks. Just what I needed