BMC ends Control-M support of Sybase and Oracle

rdierk

BMC ends Control-M support of Sybase and Oracle

Post by rdierk » 16 Jan 2010 2:05

BMC will no longer ship Control-M with Sybase or Oracle. This will require users to purchase the databases seperately if they wish to continue to use them or switch to Postgres.

I would like to know if:

1) You will purchase a seperate license so you can continue to use the same database. Potentially very expensive.
2) You will switch to Postgres
3) Asked BMC for money back to offset andditional licensing costs.

liketolearn
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by liketolearn » 18 Jan 2010 12:15

Well currently our ControlM is on Unix with a Oracle DB. In a couple of months I am changing that. It will reside on Windows so I will use PostgreSQL. I am looking forward to it on Windows.
To answer the question though I think I'd be a little up set. not sure what i'd do. Currently I have a unsupported version 6.1.3 and will be going to 6.4 it is difficult with the version out of support.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 19 Jan 2010 7:05

6.1.3 6.4 possible but very difficult
i think you must have a very hard attention to your data, and particulary to the cyclics jobs, that should go in live ....
you must analyse what have been change beetween twice versions in the database schema
for the rest , you make me thinking about postgresql, so a test of it should be safely particulary in Control-M EM.

think that versio 7.0 will arrived in november for EM and in december for server.

bmc anounce the end support procedure 6.2 version already ....

regards
philmalmaison