learning control-m

cmkchada
Nouveau
Nouveau

learning control-m

Post by cmkchada » 09 Jun 2009 8:20

hi,this is kiran.i am in networking,also interested in control-m.i want to learn it from the basics.can someone guide me.

thanx in advance,
cheers!
kiran :roll: :roll: :roll:

th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

Read books

Post by th_alejandro » 09 Jun 2009 9:35

I recomend to you read first all documentation about Control-M. Use option 'downloads' in the 'Members' menú in ctmusage home page. follow this link : http://www.scheduler-usage.com/modules. ... ad&cid=208 to download Control-M concepto guide as first step.

alexcamron
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by alexcamron » 27 May 2011 8:39

Hi! I am also new member here and I am Hardware of Networking student. and I like to more information about control-m. so please give me sort information about control-m. I'll so excited to learn about control-m but now I am busy in my Study so I have no time to learn a e-book so please give me a sort reply.
thanks in advance.

Sandcastle
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: learning control-m

Post by Sandcastle » 01 Jul 2011 4:26

cmkchada wrote:hi,this is kiran.i am in networking,also interested in control-m.i want to learn it from the basics.can someone guide me.

thanx in advance,
cheers!
kiran :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kiran, There is a plethora of information on the internet concerning Control-M. Basically it's workload automation whereas it lets you control the scheduling work loads for daily, weekly or on a monthly basis. It is one of the most commonly used programs. I recommend you adhere to the advice given on this thread. Good luck!

arjunpktr
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by arjunpktr » 30 Jul 2011 12:02

Control-M is a workload automation (traditionally called batch scheduling) software produced by BMC Software, originally written for mainframes but also available for distributed computing platforms including Unix, Windows, Linux and OpenVMS environments.

Engleford
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Engleford » 16 Aug 2011 12:15

Hi,
hope you will be fine.
Actually, I can't download it because the link is facing some problem. I am
wondering that some other download link are also not working from my PC
while those are working from my laptop.
Can you help me plz?

ahtisham454
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ahtisham454 » 21 Feb 2012 11:40

keep up the good work Great work.

johnw2738
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by johnw2738 » 21 Feb 2012 4:39

Hi kiran, what what will you do after learning it? i am also free now a days and learning the control-m, i hope you can help me !

Asim Jofa Lawn

spearss91
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by spearss91 » 24 Feb 2012 12:42

alexcamron wrote:Hi! I am also new member here and I am Hardware of Networking student. and I like to more information about control-m. so please give me sort information about control-m. I'll so excited to learn about control-m but now I am busy in my Study so I have no time to learn a e-book so please give me a sort reply.
thanks in advance.

Hello to all!!

I am the student of technical education in Gulzar Group of Institute...Gulzar Group Of Institute Electrical College in Punjab.

Allison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Allison » 22 Sep 2012 7:13

hii CMK Chada...i am Allison...."Control-M is a software solution (supplied by BMC) which allows enterprise users to schedule and control complex job batches. The product exists in two distinct versions, one for the mainframe (which is the original version) and another for distributed systems. Product highlights include;

Control-M runs as a server on over 20 platforms, including UNIX, AS400, Windows NT, OpenVMS, Tandem and IBM z/Series machines (i.e. mainframe). The front end GUI (i.e. the Enterprise Controlstation) is the same no matter what platform is used as the server.
Control-M has a fully supported command line interface.
Control-M is integrated with a wide range of framework tools - ITO/VantagePoint (HP certified), Tivoli TME and Solstice via an open SNMP interface.
Control-M supports disk mirroring/RAID. The Control-M databases can re-synchronise after the resumption of 'main' platform.
A three tier architecture lies at the heart of Control-M (BMC call this their Enterprise Production Management - EPM - solution) and it allows a large degree of flexibility in the way that Control-M is deployed. Each layer can run on a variety of platforms and at each layer you can employ different platforms along side each other to allow for contingency planning and flexible development."