Basic customization in Reporting Facility

A Forum to add some ideas to improve Control-M Products. All new ideas will be sent monthly to the team of development of BMC Software.
Dilbert
Nouveau
Nouveau

Basic customization in Reporting Facility

Post by Dilbert » 09 Jan 2008 9:55

It wolud be great to allow customer to make basic editing in Reporting Facility, for example, font type and size, and, most important, edit the size of fields in the Reporting. Our customer want a lot of information in report (A4 format, landscape mode), but not all of information could fit on the page, because some of the other field are needlessly large. With basic manipulation with their size, it will be possible to put all necessary and more information on the page.

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 10 Jan 2008 10:10

You can use A3 landscape and then export it to excel, modify fonts and cells formating.
No other way i have found :(.

Dilbert
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Dilbert » 10 Jan 2008 11:31

hipikll wrote:You can use A3 landscape and then export it to excel, modify fonts and cells formating.
No other way i have found :(.
Yes, I know that, but from customers points of view - this is more works to do, and why, if they have reporting from Reporting Facility? Why use third parity application for simple task as a text formatting in report?

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 10 Jan 2008 4:26

i know, i know :(
i know the customers, but do not know other way :(

Dilbert
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Dilbert » 11 Jan 2008 12:30

hipikll wrote:i know, i know :(
i know the customers, but do not know other way :(
This is not possible, except if you're using Excel as you suggested. It would be great if BMC implement some basic functionality for editing reports.