SEPA known as single Europe payments area (CTM/CM for BPI)

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
rumbler75
Nouveau
Nouveau

SEPA known as single Europe payments area (CTM/CM for BPI)

Post by rumbler75 » 27 May 2008 9:45

Hi group,

big changes are coming (bigger than euro) when the SEPA has started this year 2008 in Europe in practice (http://www.sepa.eu.com). The transition period is agreed to end of the 2010. We have a lot of customers which money transfer to banks we're providing as service in ordinary batch jobs, in Mainframe and in distributed side. The SEPA will change the whole infrastructure in our company: The batch jobs can't be use anymore to money transfers, the Web Services should be replaced the ftp and ftp in vpn tunnel transfers. So the CTM/CM for BPI could be interesting product to control the Web Service jobs. Before making any moves I'd like to know has anyone started to use the BPI CM money transfer jobs to and from the banks? I noticed that here in the forum is the Finance or Bank related control-M schedulers or administrators.

Thanks for any thoughts, Vilppu

Juressen
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Juressen » 28 May 2008 12:32

Hi Villpu,

You made the statment:
The SEPA will change the whole infrastructure in our company: The batch jobs can't be use anymore to money transfers.

What are the limitations in your batch approach, enforcing you to think about webservices?

rumbler75
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rumbler75 » 02 Jun 2008 4:03

The Finnish Banks doesn't accept anymore any of the fund transfers, via ftp in vpn or sftp, which can be done like batch jobs. The standard that banks have created based on the web services with xml file manipulation. I don't know if this is the case in all of the EU countries. I think that BPI could work to monitor the web service jobs like any other CM jobs, but I have never played with it. So I'm interesting to hear if anyone has succesfully implemented BPI in their company.