CM for Databases SSIS package execution with Properties

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
ThePirate
Nouveau
Nouveau

CM for Databases SSIS package execution with Properties

Post by ThePirate » 31 Jan 2014 9:55

I have been running SSIS packages using the Control Module for years but this is my first one with Properties (Property Path\Value). I need to convert the command line version to using the Database tab. The command line version is below.

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTEXEC.EXE" /F "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Packages\QA\DataTier\ETL\EDILoadCore\EDILoadCore.dtsx" /REPORTING V /CONSOLELOG NCOSGXMT /SET "\Package.Variables[User::SourceFileDirectory].Properties[Value]";"\\sysnet-dev\FTPRoot\EDILoad\ClientData\Small_Business\GLS" /SET "\Package.Variables[User::SourceFileSpec].Properties[Value]";"GLS_Modified_0513_20130705A.txt" /SET "\Package.Variables[User::SourceName].Properties[Value]";"Global Lending"

I have entered the Property Path as:
"\Package.Variables[User::SourceFileDirectory].Properties[Value]"
"\Package.Variables[User::SourceFileSpec].Properties[Value]"
"\Package.Variables[User::SourceName].Properties[Value]"

I am using variables that are set on the Set tab due to needing to use the same SSIS package but passing different Properies and the Values are:
%%SorceFileDirectory = \\sysnet-dev\FTPRoot\EDILoad\ClientData\Small_Business\GLS
%%SorceFilePath = GLS_Modified_0513_20130705A.txt
%%SourceFileSpec = Global Lending

The job fails with:
Setting values:
Job failure message:
CONTROL-M for Databases: DB0001 = Failed to set '"\Package.Variables[User::SourceFileDirectory].Properties[Value]"'

Exit Code = 1
Exit Message = CONTROL-M for Databases: DB0001 = Failed to set \Package.Variables[User::SourceFileDirectory].Properties[Value]

Any thought on why I am unable to set the values?

Thanks in advance!!!

ThePirate
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ThePirate » 04 Feb 2014 7:56

The solution from bMC Support is located at https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?pag ... d=KA381977.

Need to leave off the .Properties[Values] and the quotes at the beginning and end.