upgrade AFT to version 6.4.01-Unable to Validate FTPS accoun

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
sunil4
Nouveau
Nouveau

upgrade AFT to version 6.4.01-Unable to Validate FTPS accoun

Post by sunil4 » 07 Jul 2011 11:33

Hi Friends,

I am unable to Validate FTPS account, getting error as FTP server declined connection.
BMC suggest me to upgrade AFT to version 6.4.01 from 6.3.01.

1) Can any one suggest if this is correct, will the present jobs running on AFT 6.3.01 affected.

2) If not can you please tell me the steps to upgrade this.

ThePirate
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ThePirate » 12 Jul 2011 7:25

I recommend you upgrade as I have had minimal validation issues. It will not affect your current accounts and jobs but each job will have more options available to you such as RENAME & MOVE source file, RENAME & MOVE destination file, create an empty file at destination for use as a trigger, continue on failure to next file transfer, delete destination file on failure, do PostAFT command on failure, sdditional SFTP options, PGP encryption and decryption options, and more options within the job. On the Account setting it will allow you to choose SSL Security Level, SSL Implicit, FTP Passive, Clear Command Chanel and more. Make sure you install all the fix packs or patches associated with the 6.4.01 and import the new Application Form on all boxes using EM. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Eight
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Eight » 14 Jul 2011 9:26

There can be many reasons why your account doesn’t validate. Check this whether you upgrade or not...

1. Firewall rules
2. SFTP not enabled/allowed
3. Password incorrect
4. User doesn’t have read/write permissions to directory/file

Can you perform the SFTP from Command line? What OS?