Best procedure to do AFT with PGP encryption???

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
JoPoCME
Nouveau
Nouveau

Best procedure to do AFT with PGP encryption???

Post by JoPoCME » 27 Jan 2010 7:01

We have files that we must AFT with PGP encryption since those receiving the files will only accept PGP encryption. We have a script that will do the PGP encryption but I want to get ideas on the best procedure for handling this with Control-M Enterprise.

I'm confident I can manage this using multiple jobs but I'd like to find out if it is possible to do the PGP encryption within an AFT job alone. Would the %%PRECMD allow me to run the PGP encryption script and then FTP the encrypted file?

Any suggestions welcome.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 28 Jan 2010 10:42

i really think that it could be, test it, AFT can transfert file by ftp or sftp, but if your precmd encode your file, before, you just want to transfert a binary file by ftp...
so good work on it

regards
philmalmaison

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 28 Jan 2010 7:27

If you currently own AFT, go for AFT version 6.4.01 which supports PGP.

ThePirate
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ThePirate » 29 Jan 2010 2:44

I currently use the scripting utility in IPSwitch WS_FTP Pro and setting the account to use OpenPGP. The script will transfer the file and encrypt by using only one job through a command line. If you would like to use this let me know and I will provide some sample code.

I have installed AFT 6.4.01 and will be attempting to switch so that I can make use of the other feathers af the AFT such as File Watching, etc.