Projecting future job usage.

Everything about Control-M Forecast
BreakFix
Nouveau
Nouveau

Projecting future job usage.

Post by BreakFix » 30 Sep 2010 12:43

Hi Guys,

Quick question about the features in /Forecast.

At this time i only really need to calculate the number of jobs on a given date in the future. Is Forecast overkill? It certainly appears to have a lot more power then that. It was the first application which came to mind but if this is possible with the core Control-M /Report Facilities i don't know how i would do it.

Any advice?
/BreakFix

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 30 Sep 2010 1:19

BreakFix,

The easiest is to run a ctmrpln against all your tables for a given date (here next october 1st):

ctmrpln dj y “*” “*” 20101001

This is to be run under ctm server account.
The output looks more or less like this:

Daily Job Order Report For Table TTSCND_TB, Job *
===================================================================

Job Name Application Group Cint From Untl Nodegrp
---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------- --------------- ------ ---- ---- -
TTSCND000 P_TEST P_CONDITION
TTSCND023 P_TEST P_CONDITION
TTSCND999 P_TEST P_CONDITION
TTSCND220 P_TEST P_CONDITION

You may parse the result, selecting only those lines which contain a job name.

The result, which can be routed to a file, has good chances to be incorrect, for the utility does not care whether the table is orderable or not.
You then need to exclude from the list those scheduling tables which are not connected to any user daily or connected to a user daily which never runs.
The first case is accessible thru the CMS_SCHEDTAB SQL table, where you seen the dailyname?
The second case, resulting from the previous selection, may access the CMS_UDLAST table, where you see the last rundate of the user daily.

This requires a few lines of SQL code.

Cheers