New with forecast...

Everything about Control-M Forecast
th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

New with forecast...

Post by th_alejandro » 09 Aug 2009 6:51

Hello, i'm just install forecast. But i have this problem :
- We have only 450 jobs, but all batch window is autogenerate (recursively) to perform more than 8000 jobs per day.
- We using command ctmcreate to create jobs dinamically.
For example:
1 job execute at 18:00 and this shell include a 'for' command to execute 'ctmcreate' dinamic job for each 'store' of the country. When the job finish, they have been 'created' a scheduling group for current ODATE, may be create 80 sotres, 6 jobs for each stores, this is 480 jobs created dinamycally, including conditions, set, posproc and etc about each job.

When run a simulation in forecast. I only see : Job run ok. but they don't 'generate' the result windows to see jobs created dinamicaly. In other word. Say 'job have been run ok' but not really run.

This is a problema with forecast ? or simply forecast can't simulate this kind of process ?

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 10 Aug 2009 12:10

Hi,

the Control-M/Forecast is based on the User Daily(s) <ctmudly command> to identify and load all tables for the simulation of Control-M.

In your case, the ctmcreate is not recognized to order jobs like ctmudly command, but only created jobs dynamicaly in your AJF.
Best regards
Walty

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 12 Aug 2009 2:19

just have a look on documentation, this kind of problem should not arrive

regrds
philmalmaison