Job re-runs next day when out of time window

janglewalker
Nouveau
Nouveau

Job re-runs next day when out of time window

Post by janglewalker » 17 Nov 2011 2:46

Hi all,

I have an issue at the moment with a daily job which is run twice a day but in the morning and at night.
Job A runs in the morning based on 1 condition and a time window been fulfilled. Job B runs in the evening with different condition and later time window but they effectively do the same thing.
Job A does not get removed from the schedule on the day it is suppose to run. The NDP comes around after JOB A runs.

Job B runs and is removed the next days NDP, all good there.

So, Job A on the first day it runs get's its condition fulfilled but after the time window so doesn't run.
The next day however, JOB A(from the previous day) runs when the time window comes up and becasue the condition has been fulfilled the previous day, it runs.

The problem is, on day 1, JOB A hasn't run if it misses its time window. After the NDP on day 1 JOB A for the day 2 has been generated. So on day 2, JOB A for day 1 will run when the time window comes round. If condition is fulfilled for day 2 JOB A that also runs, this causes severe headeaches for us when both run the same morning. If both conditions are met though, the job runs and is removed at the next NDP on that day it runs successfully.

Maxwait is set to 1, my thoughts were that it was something to do with conditions but if both are fulfilled all good no problems. The problem seems to lie within the NDP and the job A from the morning not been removed and so conflicts with the next mornings job.

This issue has only come up since upgrading form 6.4 to V7.

Any ideas anyone please?

grueben
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by grueben » 17 Nov 2011 3:24

A few thoughts...you could set maxwait=0 so you only have one on the AJF at a time. The other option is to use ODATES for your in-conditions..

janglewalker
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by janglewalker » 22 Nov 2011 10:38

I tried the maxwait parameter and that appears to have worked. Thanks for the ideas.