Running a script and java environment on it

Razique
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Razique » 20 Jul 2011 8:35

Hello ALL,

I am trying to run a script and script is calling java programs, like jar and all. but i am not able to execute the script from control-M, however i can run the script manually from the server, what could be the possible reason and how we can rectify this one as well.

Thanks
Rashid

7sandy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Running a script and java environment on it

Post by 7sandy » 21 Jul 2011 1:42

Razique wrote:Hello ALL,

I am trying to run a script and script is calling java programs, like jar and all. but i am not able to execute the script from control-M, however i can run the script manually from the server, what could be the possible reason and how we can rectify this one as well.

Thanks
Rashid

Did you verify/execute logging in with the user ID control M is submitting the script? . The PATH variable might needs to be checked to see if JAR is reachable.

k2p6v5s
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by k2p6v5s » 26 Jul 2011 8:04

There could be Problem with control-m only As your able to trigger the java script by manually.

if control-m able to trigger the script ,then it failing with some issues.. all environment variables should be defined in the script or in user profile using for the (job owner) job execution.

if all things are defined properly then make sure that those environment variables should not be over written.

I hope that it helps in resolving issue and if it already resolved, share your approach that made to solve this issue. :idea: