EM Job List View - Am I crazy?

Hubba
Nouveau
Nouveau

EM Job List View - Am I crazy?

Post by Hubba » 01 Apr 2010 9:10

I have a user who uses the job list view all the time. He called and told me he would like to have the start time and end time columns added to his view. I told him to right click the heading and go to his field chooser and drag the start time and End time buttons to him, column headings. He said there was not that option and I called him crazy. I stopped by and yes... he doesn't have those options available. I log onto the EM and I get it included in my available columns. I've used our generic identical viewpoints and it differs when he logs on and when I log on. Is there something with the desktop that I'm overlooking?

Confused in BeanTown

Banshee06
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Banshee06 » 05 Apr 2010 5:16

Make sure that you are in the jobs list selection in the window at the top and not the Hierarchly list which give similar results but you can only remove columns from the jobs list selection.

Hubba
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Hubba » 05 Apr 2010 6:05

I've checked and checked and checked..... Gotta be something with the persons individual desktop

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 07 Apr 2010 11:06

Sounds to me like an authorizations issue. I suspect if you compare the security between the userids that you will find differences. I suggest starting by looking at the "privilages" tab and "member of" tab under authorizations.

If you still think it is a desktop issue then try logging onto the desktop in question with your userid. Or have the other person logon to your desktop with their userid. This would quickly tell you if it is a desktop issue or not. I suspect it isn't.

Hubba
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Hubba » 08 Apr 2010 3:04

i checked and everything is the same.. Someone else with the same autorizations logs on and gets the options. Thats why I think it is a desktop issue

Hubba
Nouveau
Nouveau

Got an answer !!!

Post by Hubba » 24 May 2010 5:00

Just a followup on my question. I deleted the persons desktop after copying off all the favorites, etc. When he logged back on, all the fields were there. Looks like a corruption issue somewhere. Anyone else having the same problem?

peterrowan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by peterrowan » 25 May 2010 12:06

I had the same problem. The settings for this are one of the few thing stored in the windows registry. If you reduce a column to zero width then it seems like you lose it. However if you hover over the boundary you see two divisors and you can separate them or you can remove the registry keys or as you have done reinstall.