No alerts in GAS for failed jobs

Ross_T_Boss
Nouveau
Nouveau

No alerts in GAS for failed jobs

Post by Ross_T_Boss » 28 Jan 2010 9:20

Hi,

I've been working with the implementation of a new Control-M Server, and alerts for failed messages are not showing up on the global alerts window. It was working, i resumed some testing today and now no failure alerts are appearing. I'm still getting alerts for job failures on the other servers attached to the EM.

Any ideas how i can find the point of failure? What can I check to find out if messages are being sent to the GAS? I would think that it's server-end as alerts from other servers are being raised, but I'm not sure what to check. All the Server services are running correctly.

Thanks
Ross

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 28 Jan 2010 10:07

Did you look at the top of the Alerts window to make sure you don't have a filter set that would cause them to not display?

Ross_T_Boss
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Ross_T_Boss » 29 Jan 2010 10:53

Yes, I removed all filters.

I think there is a bigger issue now as global conditions from this server are not picked up also, so I will have to run some diagnostics. I am resisting temptation to just bounce the server as I would like to find the root cause.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 01 Feb 2010 4:01

have a look to the option of the config.dat of the server, and to the alertonabend controlm/em parameter.

regards
philmalmaison