Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
asallam
Nouveau
Nouveau

how to reconnect with jobs when control m agent have issues

Post by asallam » 25 Oct 2011 9:55

hi guys am new here but I have some questions regarding my enviroment

I have CONTROL M installed on windows enviroment version is 6.4.01.300
when we disable the agents on client machines for maintenance as default all jobs ends not ok but the these jobs processes would be still running on the windows clients
I have two questions:
1.If we re enable the agent can we have a way to reconnect these jobs with their matching processes that are still running on the client machines?

2.If we want to terminate those processes on the client machines is their a way from control m to find them and clean them all?

Many thanks

jemoreno
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by jemoreno » 26 Oct 2011 6:48

Hi Guy,
There is no way to reconnect to the jobs, once the Control-M is only responsible to launch and monitor the job status

KAYYDEEE
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by KAYYDEEE » 27 Oct 2011 4:30

Hi asallam,

For you question no.1, If we disable an agent for maintenance then we will have an option, If we manually hold all the jobs running in that agent before disabling it, you will be able to reconnect and free them all after you enable so that it will start from where it stopped still some jobs will fail. Even if it is after the refresh it is possible because the jobs will stay in the view point as they were held. but the new day jobs wont come in unless to mark retro.

for question no. 2, Once you disable the agent the processes which are running will be killed and hence the job fails.