Pls Discuss about write and load of control-m

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
devi09
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by devi09 » 15 Feb 2011 6:10

Hi,
I am very much new to control m tool please help me in understanding the tool. As a first discussion, give me details about the control m write and upload options.

With Regards,
Devendra.[/i]

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 15 Feb 2011 7:41

Hi,

The best way for you to understanding the product is to read the CONTROL-M Concepts guide manual.
Best regards
Walty

devi09
Nouveau
Nouveau

Thanks

Post by devi09 » 16 Feb 2011 5:47

Hi Walty,
Thanks for your kind suggestion.

Gopikkd
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Gopikkd » 30 Nov 2011 5:03

Hi,

CONTROL-M/Server database-each CONTROL-M/Server has its own database that contains the job processing definitions (organized by scheduling table) for which it is responsible.
These definitions are stored in the Definition file of the database.

CONTROL-M/EM database-to allow you to control your entire batch production enterprise from a single point of control (CONTROL-M/EM),
the Definition file of the CONTROL-M/EM database must contain a copy of all job processing definitions in all CONTROL-M/Server databases.

You place the job processing definitions (or more exactly, the scheduling tables) in the Definition file of the CONTROL-M/EM database. This operation is called "writing to CONTROL-M/EM."
You then copy the job processing definitions from this Definition file into the Definition file of the relevant CONTROL-M/Server database. This operation is called "uploading to CONTROL-M/Server.

To modify job processing definitions that have already been placed into the CONTROL-M/EM database, you can perform a load operation,
which copies the job processing definitions from the CONTROL-M/EM database back into CONTROL-M/Desktop.

(To copy job processing definitions from the CONTROL-M/Server database to the CONTROL-M/EM database, you perform a download operation.
However, you virtually never need to do this, because the CONTROL-M/Server database is never more up-to-date than the CONTROL-M/EM database.)