can we intereact with a program that has been submitted ?

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
sharas
Nouveau
Nouveau

can we intereact with a program that has been submitted ?

Post by sharas » 05 Aug 2010 9:22

Hi,

Our application team has developed a batch file which has " pause " command in it.

When they manually tested those scripts, they must have manually given a key stroke to continue .

Now these scripts are scheduled thorugh Control-M and they are all submitted well, but they are waiting for key stroke to continue ..... with below message...

Press any key to continue . . .

I asking this to leave no chance though I don't see any possibility .

Is there any way to give a key stroke now by logging on to the agent and bringing the program to foreground ?

your help is appreciated .

Thanks,
Sharas

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 05 Aug 2010 10:17

Hi

If your script is divided by two, separated by the pause keystroke, split your script, adding one jobs to the second parts, and using CONFIRM option in your job to give to the pilote a way to validate to continue.

Anyway, pause keystroke must be deleted from your script.

markf
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by markf » 05 Aug 2010 1:23

If you have the Agent running as "Allow interaction with desktop" then this is possible but you can only select "Allow interaction with desktop" if the Agent is running as "System" on the Windows box.

Using "Allow interaction with desktop" is seen as big security flaw and many companies would not be happy using Control-M (or any product) in that way.

If you really do need this option on and the Agent runs under a specific userid (i.e. not "System") then there is a registry hack to get around this.

Really the developers sound remove the keystroke, as suggested above.