Upload XML files

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
master4usrcm
Nouveau
Nouveau

Upload XML files

Post by master4usrcm » 12 May 2010 4:34

Hi

I have exported the table from control-m server in XML format using ctmexdef and done necessary changes. Can anyone please let me know how should I upload the same into database so that it will present in both EM database and Server Database. I know the answer will be exportdefjob but I really appreciate if some one tell me how exactly we write the utitlity to upload.

Thanks in advance

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 12 May 2010 9:21

Hi,

If you have invoked the <ctmexdef> in this mode:

ctmexdef -TABLE <your_table> -JOBNAME "*" -ACTION DEFINE -FILE <your_full_path_name>

You have now a flat (ASCII) file in <ctmdefine format> and it can be used as input for the <ctmdefine> utility.
This file can be modified offline and after changes you can import it to the CONTROL-M/Server Database.

Execute this steps:

1) Chmod 755 on your <your_file_name>
2) Execute ./<your_file_name> to import the 'Scheduling table' directly on the CONTROL-M/Server Database. If the 'Scheduling table' specified does not exist, the utility creates it.
3) Check by <ctmpsm, opt 71> if your 'Scheduling table' is imported correctly on the CONTROL-M/Server Database

Execute this steps:

1) Logon on CONTROL-M/EM GUI (Desktop), select the 'Scheduling Table Manager' and download the modified 'Scheduling table' to the CONTROL-M/EM database.
2) If the entry name for your 'Scheduling table' does not exist, choose 'Scheduling Table Manager' and create the new name.
3) Select them and choose 'download' (you will receive a warning message like Table "your_table" was modified. Are you sure you want to download this table? --> choose 'Yes'

Now your <Scheduling table> are defined in CONTROL-M/Server and CONTROL-M/EM database
Best regards
Walty

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 24 May 2010 6:21

Perfect the answer of Walty !
(as normally is)
I only add a warning on the procedure:
the best is exporting and importing tables from EM:
- the import/export actions dont interfere with the server operation
- you can control the table from Desktop before doing UPLOAD
- you already have the table created, also if is new.