Help about using conditions

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
eche1984
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by eche1984 » 25 Nov 2009 9:14

Hi people! I need some help...

I have 3 jobs (A, B & C). Job A executes everyday and gives a mark to Job B, that also executes everyday. The third one only executes on Saturday after job A and before job B.

If I schedule jobs A & B to execute everyday, job B would probably wait until job C ends OK except Saturday, unless I'm wrong.

Could anyone give me an idea how to do this?

Thank youl!!
Eze

rahulsehgal
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahulsehgal » 26 Nov 2009 11:20

Hi,

You can create two jobs for JOB B,
one will load from Monday to Friday and Sunday, and is dependent on Condition from Job A.
Other will load on Saturday which will be dependent on condition from Job C as Job C execute before Job B on Saturday.

regards,
Rahul Sehgal

eche1984
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by eche1984 » 26 Nov 2009 1:38

Thanks for your answer... that was the first thing I thought after I made my post.

Any other idea?

midland13
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by midland13 » 01 Feb 2010 6:57

Another way to go about this would be for JOB B to have a REQUIRED predecessor of JOB A and a CONDITIONAL (or MAYBE) predecessor of JOB C.

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 01 Feb 2010 7:37

eche1984

Another (elegant?) way is to use Scheduling Groups:
Just specify "Adjust Condition" at the Scheduling Group level.
Specify as well "CTM_GROUP_ADJUST_DUMMY Y" in the control-m server config.dat file.

With these two specs, you just define your jobs with there own schedule, define the required links between jobs without bothering the schedules.
As an effect, the jobs will be ordered as normal when they have to, depending on their own individual scheduling parameters, and will be ordered as dummy jobs when they should not be ordered, and the links will be resolved naturally every day.

An advantage is that you AJF will be sized with a nominal amount of job everyday, and will not risk to explode at the end of the year.

An inconvenient is that the jobs which are ordered Dummy are not easilly identified as such, which might confuse the operators.
Using some tricks, you can however identify them.

Cheers
Nicolas Mulot