setup

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
controld
Nouveau
Nouveau

setup

Post by controld » 03 Aug 2009 5:35

i want to setup a control m environment at my home....would like to setup on a unix platform.....with also windows installed on the laptop...please suggest how shud i go about this.....thanks in advance....
Last edited by controld on 14 Aug 2009 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

Ctm at Home

Post by th_alejandro » 03 Aug 2009 9:59

You need a Operating System, I prefer Linux Redhot, not windows, beacase the virus propagation problems.

You need a database engine. May be postgress that ctm run on it for linux. Or may be oracle.

You need to install Control-M server, Control-M Enterprise Manager in this machine.

You need to install and Agent in the PC.

You need to configure the server, gui, agent and job as in your enterprise.

No more.... i think so...

punchy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by punchy » 04 Aug 2009 4:29

like th_alejandro says just install redhat on your home machine install EM/Server/Agent then install GUI Client on Laptop. ==> Presto use laptop to connect to control-M redhat environment

------------------------------------------------------------
Control-M also responds well to virtualisation. So if you wanted to you could create a VM and install redHat + Control-M Environment.

To put in context how versatile Control-M is. I have a MacBook Pro with 4gig of RAM. I can have running a Windows VM with Control-M 6.4 on it and/or I can run the RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 with Control-M 6.4 and use my Windows VM to connect to RedHat VM. So no need to install separate GUI Client.

It's great for doing demos and DEV/TEST work.