Create a Filter that shows "old" jobs?

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
superwesman
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by superwesman » 24 Jul 2009 12:21

Is it possible to create a filter that shows only old jobs? I know you can create a filter based on the value of ODATE. Our backend is Oracle, so I tried doing "where ODATE < sysdate-1" but that yielded nothing. Any ideas?

rahulsehgal
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahulsehgal » 24 Jul 2009 4:04

Hi,

You can use ctmlog utility for creating reports on old jobs.
For more info check Control-M Server Admin book.

regards,

superwesman
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by superwesman » 24 Jul 2009 6:30

that sounds like it would work, though I was thinking it would be great to have a Filter (in the EM GUI) that I could use to showcase just the old jobs. If anyone has any suggestions along that route, I'd still like to hear them. In the interim, I'll check out that other utility. Thanks.

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 24 Jul 2009 10:50

Hi,
i suggest to use the Archive Viewpoints & Playback functions.

The Archived ViewPoints and Playback features enable you to review the
information stored in Archived Nets, as follows:

- Archived ViewPoint provides a static display of the jobs at the end of a day.
- Playback provides a simulation (much like a recording) of production
environment events — the jobs that ran and their status changes, during a day.

This information can help you review, track, and analyze problems of previous days.
For example, the system manager might use these features every morning to review
the previous night’s events.

- Change the parameters MaxOldDay & MaxOldTotal setting in System Parameters (Control-M/EM) according to your requests.
- See Control-M/EM User Guide
Best regards
Walty

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by brownbag » 27 Jul 2009 8:36

Hi superwesman,
You are not really getting the answers you want!

The simple answer is that you cannot create a filter to restrict your data to old dates, as the filter or dynamic filter requires you to compare the ODAT of each job with a fixed date, such as (jobs before 090727). This is only useful for a one-off function.

You could get fancy and run a job every day to update the values in the dynamic filter preset (which is stored locally on your PC as an xml file), but that may be overkill.

The best option for you would be to create a hierarchy with ODAT as the first level in the hierarchy (or may be second after 'CTM Name') It will not filter out all jobs from the current order data, but it will separate them out so that you can easily find jobs from a date older than today.

superwesman
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by superwesman » 31 Jul 2009 7:29

Hi brownbag, thank you for the response. Yours was by far the best I've received while strolling through these forums. Thanks for taking the time to understand my question and respond in a way that showed a real solution.

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

thanks

Post by brownbag » 03 Aug 2009 1:20

Thanks for the compliment.
It is nice to hear, especially after getting a ridiculous email from my manager (who can't speak or write in English very well), comparing my writing to a 6th grader. I'd love to forward your email to her, but that may be a bit cheeky!