multi agent and conditions

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
cperriot
Nouveau
Nouveau

multi agent and conditions

Post by cperriot » 15 Feb 2007 12:20

Hello,
let's suppose we have 3 computing machines node1, node2 and node 3 in the nodegroup1

I have a monoagent job that is liberating a condition COND1 for a multiagent job configured to run on the nodegroup1

My multiagent job is waiting for COND1 to start and delete COND1 when execution is OK.

my problem is how to have multiple condition for my multiagent job ?
In the previsous described case the first agent that is exiting OK wil delete the condition COND1 so the other agents will remain in waiting state.

If I define the condition as COND1_%%NODEID each agent will have a different condition but how could I make the previous job to create the conditions COND1_node1, COND1_node2, COND1_node3 ?

Currently i am stuck with that problem. I think of one solution:

the first one: I keep the NODEID variable in the condition name and I hardcoded the conditions COND1_node1, COND1_node2, COND1_node3 on the previsous job but if I add a node to nodegroup one of my agent will fail if I forgot to add the new condition.

HOwever this solution is not clean and not easy to maintain so I am asking your help.

Thank you.

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 16 Feb 2007 3:42

Hi,

It exist a standard concerning Quantitative Ressources used with the Load balancing using @, but I didn't find anything else about the same for Condition.