Managing Folder and Calendars through external applications - Locking Question

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
mikectlm
Nouveau
Nouveau

Managing Folder and Calendars through external applications - Locking Question

Post by mikectlm » 22 Nov 2017 4:07

Hello, I also put this question to the BMC communities page but have not received any feedback.

I am looking for ideas or solutions for this problem - if I wish to develop an external application to Control-M that can modify folders or calendars (think home grown Workload Change Manager), how can I handle the problem of a user making a change in one system while another makes a change to the same folder/calendar in the other?

So far, I've logged an RFE QM002343551 to request for some API or CLI way to lock a folder or calendar.

I've also looked and found I can check for folder locks and updates from Control-M and utilities through the Database. I can likely workaround using these techniques by checking through the homegrown app for locks/updates, but a more ideal approach would be to simply lock it down.

If you've developed or been a part of this type of project before, how did you handle this concurrency problem? And of course, if you haven't, have you other ideas for how this could be implemented?

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Managing Folder and Calendars through external applications - Locking Question

Post by fyot » 29 Dec 2017 12:06

Hi,

Using API, you an do the same things.
But the best is to use CLI utilities.
But problem is to access on each EM from the same place.
You can install EM Client on a server and use it to access on each EM Server.

There is another way.
Do you Know APS Manager for Control-M ?

The current release 3.8.6 doesn't include what you need.
But next release 3.9.0, still in development will include new functionalities.
- Export Folder in XML format, from any EM Server, not depending on the EM Version,
- Change procedure, to apply some Presets to change from one EM to another one, or from Development site to Production Site.
- To Import and/or Upload new XML version file in the EM you decided to load, even if EM version is different from the source.
- The best way too, to save XML simply, even you don't have EM Client installed.

And a lot of other new functionalities.
Attachments
APS_Manager_for_Control-M_Web_Interface-e1414076793430.png
APS_Manager_for_Control-M_Web_Interface-e1414076793430.png (151.91 KiB) Viewed 36331 times
APS_Manager_for_Control-M_Web_Interface-e1414076793430.png
APS_Manager_for_Control-M_Web_Interface-e1414076793430.png (151.91 KiB) Viewed 36331 times

Exhapse
Nouveau
Nouveau

Managing Folder and Calendars through external applications Locking Question

Post by Exhapse » 04 Feb 2019 8:24

Is there anyway to upload and patch 10 at a time instead of uploading the WHOLE patches that were downloaded from the WSUS??

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Managing Folder and Calendars through external applications - Locking Question

Post by fyot » 06 Feb 2019 10:46

Hi

There is other tools provided on Control-M Agent and Server, as ctmdefine, ctmorder, ctmcreate, ctmpsm, ....
So all modification will be done on CTM Server, and if you want to update your EM, you must DOWNLOAD Folder from CTM to EM
or if your GATEWAY is in AUTO SYNCHRONIZE Mode, update will be done automatically.