Is there a script to reppoint Control-M unix agents

Several scripts
sharas
Nouveau
Nouveau

Is there a script to reppoint Control-M unix agents

Post by sharas » 16 May 2011 5:43

Hi scripting experts,

I was wondering if there is a script for switching the Control-M agent's environment ( primary host ) . For example , we have two Control-M servers ctmapp and ctmtools . We sometimes need to point the agent to ctmtools from ctmapp and back when the testing is done .

I know we can change the parameters in CONFIG.dat file and restart the agent . However , I want to know if there is anything else I should consider doing this .

Please let me know if you have any queries understanding the requirement.

Thanks in advance !!! Any suggestions are highly appreciated .

Thanks & Regards,
Sharas.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 16 May 2011 6:30

The simplest is to install two agents, each to a specific Control-M/Server, on the same host.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 20 May 2011 11:12

Hi Sharas,
first, it's more reliable to use the right interface (ctmagstat) to modify the config.dat from the agent.
Use it and you can see that you can add "authorized" host in the agent configuration.
You just have to make available the Server to Agent port number on your control-m servers (ctm_menu/parameters) for your new agent, because it's S to A port number should have been design for the primary controlm server.
note that it should be better to not give any real hostname on your query, i can imagine on it that your working for capgemini on total rm contract, and nobody have to know that in this forum...

Regards,
Philmalmaison

avaidya10
Nouveau
Nouveau

no script needed if you are usingf one server at a time.

Post by avaidya10 » 20 May 2011 9:54

have both servers as authorized server in the config.dat or set it with command line. you must not have both server submit jobs. you should hold or remove all jobs form one server while runing jobs from teh other server.

but you should realy install 2 agents if you are frequetly runing jobs from both servers.