Create a new table without scheduling table manager

Several scripts
NOSIA
Nouveau
Nouveau

Create a new table without scheduling table manager

Post by NOSIA » 23 Feb 2010 5:32

Hi,

I’m using the “ctmexdef” utility to export a large set of Jobs definition from CTM ( I was unable to do that from EM !)

After that, I want to use a “sed" to change values on them before to execute the generated script into CTM ( I was unable to do that to EM !)

My problem is to have nothing stored in EM after this operation.

I need to create a new table in scheduling table and download it in order to have a copy in EM.

But I need to automate this operation with a command Line in a script.

Thanks,

NOSIA

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 23 Feb 2010 6:32

How did you import jobs?

It can be, that you imported them to CTM and EM is not synchronized yet.
It would be enought to do download on EM.

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 23 Feb 2010 7:24

NOSIA,

I dont really understand how you didnt succeed in exporting the definitions form EM.

Anyway, you can define a dummy sched table using the following template:

[ after previewing this post, I realize that it doesnt pass the editor - this is why I send it to you by private mail]

You can adapt the template by sed-ing "TBLTBLTBL' into your actual scheduling table name, then using the result as input to deftable utility.

Please note that if yout table already exists in EM, you may need to specify the "/o" flag when calling deftable.
There is no utility which will allow you to get rid of the EM table. If you prefer to delete it in an industrial way, the only method is SQL.

Cheers
Nicolas Mulot

NOSIA
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by NOSIA » 24 Feb 2010 3:26

thanks for replies,

I used ctmexdef because i have errors with exportdeftable.

but i will retry with the informations from your replies.

Thanks

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 25 Feb 2010 7:21

NOSIA,

The template I sent you is actually to be used by deftable utility, after having been tailored by sed or any other edit. Personally, I work under windows and found a ssed utility on the web, which accepts the very same syntax as sed.

I don’t understand how you could have problems with firewall:
1°) if you work in the Unix server where your EM is installed, under the EM unix account, there cannot be firewall problems, since you are running in the EM environment.
2°) if you work from windows, you must use a machine where the EM clients (GUI, Desktop, cli) are installed: namely, a machine from where you use the desktop.

As stated in an other topic of the forum, you have to make sure you use the proper connection attributes to run your deftable. If you use the same GUI to address several GUI servers (lets say PROD and TEST), the last connection overrides the config.xml.
If for example, you last log on using:
User emtest
Pwd: passwordtest
GUI: GUI_TEST

And you then attempt to deftable on PROD using
deftable –u emprod –p passwordprod –s GUI_PROD –src xxxxx
The connection will fail. To overcome the problem, I use to define as many config.xml as different EM, for axample configTEST.xml and configPROD.xml, then copy the relevant file to config.xml as part of the industrial process.

Basically, you should use your ctmexdef output to:
1°) set a list of exported scheduling tables
2°) tailor one deftable src.xml by merging the template I provided with every scheduling table name found in 1°) above
3°) set up the config.xml
4°) run deftable
5°) run cli –BY_FORCE –TABLE_DOWNLOAD blabla

All of the the above can be fully industrialised.

Cheers
Nicolas Mulot

johnwright456
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by johnwright456 » 27 May 2011 2:36

Use this procedure to create a schedule table tool and add it to a tool palette. You may want to create your own schedule table tools if you are placing multiple schedule tables of specific styles that have the same properties.

Open the tool palette on which you want to create a tool.
Create the tool:
If you want to… Then…
create a tool from a schedule table in the drawing select the object, and drag it to the tool palette.
create a tool from a schedule table style in the Style Manager click Manage tabStyle & Display panelStyle Manager . Locate the style you want to copy, and drag it to the tool palette. Click OK to close the Style Manager.
copy a tool in the current tool palette right-click the tool, and click Copy. Right-click, and click Paste.
copy a tool from another tool palette open the other tool palette, right-click the tool, and click Copy. Reopen the palette where you want to add the tool, right-click, and click Paste.
Right-click the new tool, and click Properties.
Enter a name for the tool.
Click the setting for Description, enter a description of the tool, and click OK.
Expand General, and specify general properties for the schedule table:
If you want to… Then…
add a description enter text for Description.
specify the layer key select Layer Key.
specify layer overrides select Layer Overrides.
specify the schedule table style select Style.
specify an external drawing file source for the style select Style Location or Browse to specify a location.
change the schedule table scale enter a value for Scale.
automatically update the schedule table when data in the drawing changes select Yes for Update automatically.
manually update the schedule table when the drawing changes select No for Update automatically.
NoteTurning on the automatic update feature may slow drawing performance, especially in large drawings. For information about updating schedules manually, see Property Set Data.
Expand Selection, and specify how to add objects to the schedule table:
If you want to… Then…
automatically add new objects to the schedule table as they are added to the drawing select Yes for Add new objects automatically.
manually add new objects to the schedule table select No for Add new objects automatically.
include objects from xref drawings in the schedule table select Yes for Scan xrefs.
exclude objects from xref drawings in the schedule table select No for Scan xrefs.
include objects from block references in the schedule table select Yes for Scan block references.
exclude objects from block references in the schedule table select No for Scan block references.
apply a layer filter to the table specify a layer wild card.
NoteWhen adding a schedule table that must scan xrefs or blocks, use a layer filter that includes both the name of the layer that contains the xref or block and the name of the layer of the object inside the xref or block. You can separate multiple layer wild cards with a comma. You cannot select individual objects within an xref drawing or a block reference. For more information, see Working with Layer Groups.
Click OK.