Need to analyze jobs with a DO SYSOUT

Several scripts
ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Need to analyze jobs with a DO SYSOUT

Post by ejtoedtli » 28 Aug 2009 4:53

We are running Control-M 6.3 on UNIX. The COntrol-M databases are Oracle.

I need to find all jobs definitions where the DO SYSOUT is copying to anywhere but a specific directory. I could not find a way to get this from Reporting Center.

I am thinking that maybe a SQL command could be used to pull a list of jobs off the database but I have no idea what the command would look like. (I am not experienced in coding SQL.) Can anyone help?

We have several thousand job definitions and I can not spend several days manually reviewing each of them.

Thanks.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 31 Aug 2009 3:40

ok the connection command to your database could be different for oracle using sqlplus, but after logging is the same

depending of what kind of on do statment, you can find somebody in CMS_<table> representing:
SYSOUT
SHOUT
SETVAR
CON_J
REMEDY
DO
MAIL
FORCEJ

with the standard sql you can do
select <key> from <table>

regards
philmalmaison

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 31 Aug 2009 3:42

for SYSOUT it could be

select JOBNO from CMS_SHOUT

tehn with JOBNO result select <what> from CMS_JOBDEF
where
JOBNO=<job>

regards
philmalmaison

parkerkevin73
Nouveau
Nouveau

script the connection

Post by parkerkevin73 » 03 Mar 2011 4:18

First of all rigjt the connection command to your database could be different for oracle using sql+, but after your logging is the samethe whole data is depending of what kind of on do statment, you can find somebody in CMS_<table> representing: then writeSYSOUTSHOUTSETVARhere are the commands u are using CON_Jand then we can usingREMEDYDOMAILFORCEwith the standard sql you can doselect key from <table>
Last edited by parkerkevin73 on 05 Mar 2011 8:03, edited 1 time in total.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 03 Mar 2011 8:40

In the version 6.3 is necessary to do a query on the DB, in the 6.4 and 7.0 there is a powerful "find and update" tool that find all you whant in all definitions fileds.

For quering the better is do the queries on the Enterprise manager DB. For example in case of version 6.3 often the db name is like em630. In fact is not recommended to do queries on the CTM-Server DB the scheduler engine.

In the EM-DB once connected you can find a table named:
DEF_DO_SYSOUT
where you can list and look for do_sysout definitions.
In this table there isnt the JOBNAME or TABLE name for example but there is jobid and tableID. You you whant in your query to see also these usefull information you must do a JOIN query....

Have a good day
MaurizioG.